To create a social intranet using SharePoint, you can use the following steps:
1. Plan your intranet. What are your goals for the intranet? What features do you want to include? Who is your target audience? Once you have a plan, you can start to implement your intranet.
2. Create a SharePoint site. You can create a new SharePoint site or use an existing one. If you are creating a new site, be sure to choose a template that is designed for intranets.
3. Add social features. SharePoint includes a number of social features that you can use to create a social intranet. These features include:
Likes and comments: Users can like and comment on content on the intranet. This can encourage engagement and discussion.
Mentions: Users can mention other users in their posts and comments. This can help to notify users of relevant content and to start conversations.
Following: Users can follow other users and groups on the intranet. This allows them to see content from the users and groups they follow in their newsfeed.
Discussion forums: Discussion forums allow users to ask questions, share ideas, and discuss topics of interest.
Blogs: Blogs allow users to publish articles and blog posts on the intranet. This can be a great way to share knowledge and expertise.
4. Customize your intranet. You can customize SharePoint to match your organization’s branding and to meet the specific needs of your users. You can also add custom features and functionality using SharePoint’s APIs.
5. Promote your intranet. Once your intranet is up and running, you need to promote it to your users. Let them know what features are available and how to use them. You can also encourage them to share feedback and suggestions.
Here are some additional tips for creating a social intranet using SharePoint:
Use high-quality images and videos. High-quality images and videos can make your intranet more visually appealing and engaging. They can also be used to communicate complex information in a clear and concise way.
Use a mobile-friendly design. Your intranet should look good and function well on all devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. This will ensure that all of your employees can access the intranet, regardless of what device they are using.
Use gamification. Gamification features, such as badges, leaderboards, and points, can motivate employees to use the intranet and to contribute to the social community.
Get feedback from your users. Get feedback from your users about their experience with the intranet. This feedback can help you to identify areas where the intranet can be improved.
By following these tips, you can use SharePoint to create a social intranet that is engaging, informative, and user-friendly.