SharePoint hub sites are a great way to connect and organize your intranet sites. Hub sites allow you to group related sites together, making it easier for users to find and navigate the information they need.
To create a hub site, follow these steps:
1. Go to the SharePoint admin center.
2. Click Sites.
3. Click Create site.
4. Select Communication site.
5. Under Template, select Hub site.
6. Click Next.
7. Enter a name and description for your hub site.
8. Click Create.
Once you have created your hub site, you can start adding associated sites. To associate a site with a hub site, follow these steps:
1. Go to the site you want to associate with the hub site.
2. Click the Settings gear icon.
3. Click Site information.
4. Under Hub site association, select the hub site you want to associate the site with.
5. Click Save.
Once a site is associated with a hub site, users will be able to find it in the hub site navigation. Users will also be able to see the hub site name and logo in the header of the associated site.
Here are some tips for using SharePoint hub sites:
- Use hub sites to organize your intranet by topic, department, or region.
- Use hub sites to promote featured content and sites.
- Use hub sites to create a consistent user experience for your intranet.
- Use hub sites to improve search results.
SharePoint hub sites are a powerful tool for connecting and organizing your intranet sites. By using hub sites, you can make it easier for users to find the information they need and to have a more consistent user experience.
Here are some examples of how you can use SharePoint hub sites:
Create a hub site for your company’s intranet. This hub site could be used to promote featured content and sites, to provide a central location for company news and announcements, and to provide links to other important resources.
Create a hub site for each department in your company. These hub sites could be used to share information about the department’s products, services, policies, and procedures. They could also be used to provide links to the department’s team sites and other resources.
Create a hub site for each region in your company. These hub sites could be used to share information about the region’s culture, language, and business practices. They could also be used to provide links to the region’s team sites and other resources.
These are just a few examples. You can use SharePoint hub sites to connect and organize your intranet sites in any way that makes sense for your organization.